Thursday, January 10, 2013

We're Not In Shiver City Anymore


Ladies and gentlemen, let me introduce you to one of my most prized possessions. This is the Mario Mania Nintendo Player's Guide. I picked up a copy of this wondrous book for myself at a flea market at least eleven years ago. I love this book so much, the pages are beginning to fall out from the endless flipping.


On the cover, you'll see a mosaic of Marios in cartoon, puzzle, and woodcut form. He can skateboard, fly, and even be a cowboy! Oh, you never know what mischief Mario will get into next!


Today I shared my Mario Mania book in a show-and-tell for Graphic Design class. Only today, eleven or more years later, have I discovered that Mario is, indeed, holding a Super Star in one of these depictions, and not a wrapped potato. Throughout all my life, I never questioned why Mario was leaping while eating a potato, but now, I am wiser.

This just goes to show that you should never give up, and never stop learning, because one day, everything will be clear.

2 comments:

  1. I actually have this guide too! I love all the rare artwork that's in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's great, isn't it? Sadly I lost the funny diagram of Luigi, but thankfully, I was able to find scans online.
      Thanks for reading!

      Delete